Saturday, March 26, 2011

While You're Here... Hillcrest Sandwich Co. and Pappalecco



While Jeff and I were out and about today, we stopped by two of our favorite places to eat: The Hillcrest Sandwich Company and Pappalecco.

The Hillcrest Sandwich Company has the best sandwiches, in our opinion. We're big fans of avocados and sprouts, and this places just gets us. Today, we both ordered #41 - The Alpine Garden (avocado, jack cheese, alfalfa sprouts, spinach leaves, cucumber, red onion, lettuce, mayonnaise and tomatoes on stoneground wheat). I skipped the red onions.


Afterwards, I was craving something sweet. Conveniently located right down the street is Pappalecco. Their specialty? Gelato! I've also heard from some foreign friends that this place has the best coffee in all of San Diego, comparable to cafes in Italy and Spain. I can't say whether this is true or not because I only have Starbucks to compare. Jeff did enjoy their single espresso which was delicious with my dark chocolate gelato.
Dark chocolate and strawberry for me. Pistachio and lemon for Jeffrey.

So, yeah. When you come to San Diego, you should probably stop by at these places.


No comments:

Post a Comment