Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Venue Visit: Carlton Oaks




Carlton Oaks is a golf course in Santee, CA. I wasn't really hanging my heart on this place, but it's incredible price made me take a second look. It's the only place I found so far that includes sales tax and tip in all of their prices. Their packages are very inclusive and if you're not looking to spend a ton of money, then this is your place. We were quoted about $7300 for 125 guests, and let me tell you, yes, this is inexpensive.

It's not much to look at from the front.

The overnight accommodations are not much to look at either, but the fact that there are overnight accommodations is a plus.

The ceremony site is very pretty and overlooks the golf course...

The cocktail hour can be held on the patio, but this firepit is technically not reserved for your private event. Apparently, the bar next door to the reception area gets pretty hopping on Friday and Saturday nights and this area is popular for smokers.

The reception area has it's own bar and the bartender is included in the package!

The reception area is pretty versatile as far as table placement. This is the configuration for a center dance floor and the buffet table is in the very back of the room. Some choose to keep all the tables towards the front of the room and put the dance floor in the very back.

In case of inclement weather, the ceremony can also be held indoors, in the same space as the reception. This is the view which is typically behind the sweetheart table and would also be the view in case the ceremony has to be indoors.

Jeff and I were not completely in love with the venue, but I must admit, I'm kind of in love with Yvette, the event coordinator. She walked us through every single detail of a typical wedding and gave us all the different options that were available. I trust that, in her hands, all of her weddings go off without a hitch! Then again, every wedding probably feels exactly the same here. I can't help but feel that, if Jeff and I choose to get married here, we'd get the typical pre-packaged wedding. Yes, goal accomplished, we get married. Will the guests have fun? Most likely. Will it feel like us? Probably not. I'm not sure if this place is a contender, but the price is right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment