Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Venue Visit: 57 degrees


Planning a wedding is a big deal. Jeff proposed on Feb 4, 2011 and I've pretty much spent the last month thinking. To be fair, February was a short month. I have a few ideas on my mind, but they are mostly details that can be added to any sort of affair. Budget is our main concern. We could spend our entire savings on a grand wedding, but we have priorities. On average, couples in San Diego spend between $19,809 and $33, 015 total on their wedding. That's according to http://www.costofwedding.com/. Boo! I really don't want to spend that, but I do want a big party! So I had this idea - having a cocktail reception on New Years Eve. Can we pull it off? Maybe?

Earlier today, Jeff and I visited a local wine bar called 57 degrees.

This is the view from the street. There is ample parking in the back, and obviously, lots of room here in the front of the building to hang out.

You can see downtown from the parking lot and apparently, fireworks if the occasion calls for it. (Like it would for NYE)

I love this center bar area...

The patio area is small, but could be a nice space for relaxing and cooling off after some serious dancing.

A large portion of the venue is actually retail space, but just think of all the wine we'll get to choose from if we decide to host our reception here!

This space would be ideal for a New Years Eve celebration because it has more of a casual party atmosphere and less of a formal, seated dinner/black tie affair. Our guests could feast on appetizers, beer, wine, and champagne, but also have access to a full bar, because who doesn't get a little tipsy on New Years Eve? It has it's pros and cons, but it's really the first venue we've visited, so the possibilities are endless. Which, for this indecisive gal, is kind of stressful. But I'm not complaining. I've been anxious for this stress for a hot second and I couldn't be happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment